NEED A MANAGER'S EXPERTISE BUT NOT A FULL-TIME MANAGER?
BUSINESS-SAVVY BOOKKEEPING, INC.
EXPERT HANDS-ON HELP
Thirty-plus years' experience managing & consulting with small, mid-size and large businesses, for-profit and not-for-profit.
I usually report directly to the owner, board of directors or high-level manager.
All benefit from my broad experience, articulate analysis, keen understanding of human nature and passion for success.
BUSINESS SET-UP / DEPARTMENT SET-UP
STAFF HIRING, TRAINING, & PERFORMANCE REVIEWS
See below for details.
* Accounting set-up or upgrades of procedures and software.
* Bookkeeper hiring, training, & supervision.
* As your business changes, do you want your existing staff to take on new responsibilities?
o Accounts payable
o Accounts receivable
o Cash management projections
o Financial analysis
o Inventory management
* Retain me to evaluate your staff's abilities, recommend appropriate responsibilities and retrain your personnel.
BUSINESS SET-UP / DEPARTMENT SET-UP
* Are you setting up a new business?
* Review an operations checklist with me.
o Understand operations requirements more clearly.
o Evaluate what you've already set up.
o Clarify who will manage and perform operations tasks.
o Get good advice about priorities and resources.
* Is it time to define a new department (accounting, purchasing, etc.) in your business? Contract with me to help you
o develop procedures,
o prepare operations manuals,
o write job descriptions and employee evaluations,
o hire and train new staff.
STAFF PERFORMANCE REVIEWS
* Does your operation staff's performance need improving?
o I bring broad and detailed knowledge of standard business procedures and decades of hands-on experience.
o Under my training, your operations staff will learn to do their jobs well, individually & with one another.
* Special focus on the interface between financial management and other operations areas.
* You upgrade your software and then your procedures fall apart.
o I discover how the changes in your software are affecting your entire operations,
o recommend procedural changes and redefinition of staff responsibilities,
o and help your staff become compliant and competent as they learn to use the new software.
* Employer set-up, payroll set-up, payroll preparation.
* Employee benefits, new hire packets, employee manuals.
* Job descriptions, employee evaluations, terminations.
* Management support
* Do you have an upcoming audit?
Yes, you do.
Sometime in the life of your business, someone will require that you submit your
accounting or payroll records for their review.
* Hire me now to review your record-keeping and suggest policies and procedures that will make it easier to avoid and prepare for audits.
* Rates vary $100-150/hour
ANN VALLIANT -- EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS
Business-Savvy Bookeeping, Inc. provides a full rance of bookkeeping services for
individuals & small businesses who understand the value of hiring bookkeepers who
understand busines operations & tax requirements. For more information, go to
Start-up manufacturing company that grew to two and a half million in annual sales.
Implemented standard business procedures for all business operations including:
* Accounting, audits, forecasting and other financial reporting
* Payroll and other human resources including benefits and contract management
* Workers compensation and other insurance
* Inventory purchasing and general purchasing
* Inventory management
Supervised accounting, customer service and general office staff.
Consultant and Trainer
International Finance Division of Major Investment Broker,
* Trained staffs of six international subsidiaries to implement reporting protocols & accounting conventions that made it possible to prepare
consistent world-wide reports.
* Developed weekly international profit & loss reports; wrote procedures manual.
* Trained all-new three-person accounting staff for marketing company with eight-million dollar annual sales during period of rapid growth
and high staff turn-over.
* Upgraded procedures for billing, accounting, payroll, purchasing and banking.
* Reconfigured job descriptions, recruited and trained staff.
* Computerized project budgets and financial records for grants.
* Improved procedures for operations staff interactions.
* Prepared data for analysis of new
* Set up and headed Purchasing & Receiving Department that handled over one million dollars annually in purchases and equipment rentals
for an annual retreat, serving over five thousand people annually for three years.
* Supervised eight-person purchasing & receiving staff.
* Redesigned School's financial management and marketing. Annual revenues increased from $650,000 to $1,100,000 and the school attained unprecedented levels of profitability.
* Advised Board regarding fundraising. Fundraising revenue quadrupled.
* Prepared insurance claims that resulted in recovery of all losses from a fire that destroyed the elementary school.
* Supervised accounting and general office staff.
Copyright 2006-2008 by Ann Valliant